6 Uses for Ornamental Grass
Posted on September 25, 2019
Late summer and Fall is the time Ornamental Grasses put on their show. Now is the time while to pick out your favorites to add to your landscape.
6 reasons to use Ornamental Grasses
- These graceful plants sway in the breeze bringing movement to any area.
- Dwarf varieties can be used in landscape beds or in larger mixed containers.
- Large varieties (Pampas, Peppermint Stick) create a good screen or accent plants along fence lines, drives or large entrance ways.
- The plumage in late Summer and Autumn add color and interest to your yard when other plants have finished blooming.
- Once established they are fairly drought resistant and are not water hogs like blooming shrubs.
- Their upright growth habit along with their interesting colors (stripes, variegated blades) add a different texture and shape to your landscape.