Garden Center Greenhouse Associate
We have an opening for an individual to work in our retail green house at our garden center. The green house is 8000sq ft and you would be assisting customers with plant choices. Other duties performed will include: watering plants, unloading plants from delivery trailer, place/display plants on tables for sale, keeping the green house neat, and other duties. Your work schedule will be Wednesday through Saturday 9:00-6:00 or 8:00-5:00 and Sunday 10:00-4:00.
Prior experience in a garden center or experience with annual / seasonal plants is preferred.
Wage will depend upon experience. Employee discount, group health insurance available.
Responsibilities of the Garden Center Greenhouse Associate
- · Assist customers with their plant choices
- · Tend to the plants – water, weed, arrange, etc.
- · Unload trailers of plants onto racks and then onto tables for display
- · Keep the green house neat and orderly
- · Affix price tags, labels and signs to new inventory
- · Maintain signage with each plant species
- · Give customers a pleasant shopping experience
Requirements of the Garden Center Greenhouse Associate
- · Able to lift 35 lbs comfortably
- · Work in a fast paced environment
- · Have good customer service skills
- · Able to handle working in heat in the summer and cooler temps in the winter
- · Prior knowledge of annuals / seasonal color is preferred
- · Able to work weekends
Work Schedule of the Garden Center Greenhouse Associate
- Wednesday through Saturday 8-5 or 9-6 and Sunday 10-4
Compensation for the Garden Center Greenhouse Associate
- $10+ per hour, depending upon experience