Garden Center Associate
Our Garden Center is seeking an individual with customer service experience to work as a cashier. You will be greeting customers in the store, answering phone calls, recording sales through our POS system, assisting with merchandising and helping keep the store neat, clean and orderly. Your work schedule will be Friday through Tuesday. (Fri and Sat 9-6, Sun 10-4, Mon and Tues 9-6. Or your schedule would be Friday – Sunday if you wish to work part-time.
Prior experience in a garden center or interest in plants would be great.
Customer service skills are important since you will be working directly with our customers. Prior retail experience is a plus.
Wage will depend upon experience. Employee discount, group health insurance available.
Responsibilities of the Garden Center Associate
- Assist customers in the store, on the phone, through text and email
- Record sales transactions through a POS system
- Handle cash and close out register at the end of the day
- Keep the store neat, clean and orderly
- Assist in merchandising and displaying new inventory in creative ways that attract attention
- Affix price tags, labels to new inventory
- Give customers a pleasant shopping experience
Requirements of the Garden Center Associate
- Have good communication skills in person and on the phone
- Experience with POS systems is helpful (training provided)
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Good customer service skills
- Accurate cash handling ability
- Learn new procedures quickly
- Merchandising and display skills
Work schedule of the Garden Center Associate
- Friday – Tuesday, 9 -6 (Sunday 10-4), or Fri – Sunday part-time
Compensation for the Garden Center Associate
- $10+ per hour, depending upon experience